Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Krispy Kreme Outing

Julie had this fantastic idea to take the little boys to Krispy Kreme and show them how donuts are made. We showed up pretty early in the morning to make sure that the process was going. Th little boys were so excited to see how it worked and get a hot fresh donut! 

Here is Carter and Taylor watching the donuts flip in the oil. They loved watching how everything worked!

This is what I get when I tell my boys to look at me and give me a smile!

Here is where the donuts are put to rise!

Once they have risen they are dumped into the oil to cook!

After they are cooked on one side, they are flipped!

Then they go under the icing. Carter thought this was the coolest and actually asked the lady if he too could go under the icing waterfall!

The finished process! A Krispy Kreme glazed donut!

Taylor getting his hot fresh donut!

Carter getting his hot fresh donut!

They had this contest that if you could hula hoop for at least one minute without stopping that you would win a free dozen glazed donuts! Carter wanted to try first and did pretty good. Next my turn came with Jenny and Julie cracking up in the back ground! The last time I tried a hula hoop was when I was eight months pregnant with the twins. I can hula hoop like a champ. ;) Carter was so impressed and thought I was the coolest mom ever... especially when they gave us our free dozen donuts!

After we got our donuts and hats! What a great outing with the little boys. We are going to make fresh donuts at home next week. I know they won't taste early as good as Krispy Kreme, but I want my boys to be able to help me! Thanks Julie and Jenny for helping me get out of the house with all these little boys!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a nut but a very cool mom. I guess I'll just call you the hula hoop queen from now on.

    ReplyDelete