Monday, September 10, 2012

Volleyball Madness!


I absolutely LOVE volleyball and it seems like lately it has kept me extremely busy. We play beach volleyball and indoor. It is so much fun and I have really loved ALL the people. They have almost become family with Rhett gone.

Anyway, I signed up to play in a grass tournament with everyone, but the babysitters kids woke up sick so she ended up canceling. I called up one of the girls that had wanted to play and she took my spot. I was a little bummed, but we went out to support our friends anyway. It was such a beautiful day and perfect to hit up the beach afterwards. :) I love where we live!!!










The teams above are all the open gym players I have come to love. They are so much fun to play volleyball with!

I also did tryouts and made the girls volleyball team. Here are a few of the girls. We were doing scrimmage with one of the club teams here in Japan. Totally won! :) Sorry I'm not in it. I took the picture! :)


We have some really great coaches. Jon Roe and Jon Hoy have helped us out a lot and spent many hours teaching us fundamentals. They are seriously so GREAT! We also have two others that come and help out. Teve and Luis. It helps that they are all such great volleyball players!




It has been so much fun and a complete stress reliever. Right now I'm playing setter and it's great. I can't wait until Rhett gets home so I can do some off island tournaments with the team. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I miss being able to play volleyball. It seriously was an outlet/ stress reducer and was so much fun. I'm glad you get to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're proud of you! I'm glad you found something just for you!

    ReplyDelete