Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cape Zanpa Lighthouse

For my birthday we decided to go see the lighthouse! I have always really liked them... I think because it reminds me of my mom. Anyway, we packed up the kids and were on our way to a new fun spot! It was "wicked awesome." I didn't love carrying the babies up all the steps, but you take the good with the bad! :) I was so glad that we went. While we were up on the top we saw a fisherman catch a shark and pull it out of the water! The little boys were in HEAVEN!!! They loved watching it be pulled up.


Rhett and his boys!

Taylor headed up the dreaded stairs! Times these by about 30 and you get to the top!

On the top! Woohoo we made it!

The babies thought it was pretty cool, but it was pretty windy up there and t made them a little nervous!

The shark!

Another shot of the shark!

It was the highlight for the little boys!

It was such an amazing view from the top of the lighthouse! This picture doesn't even do it justice at all. I could have camped out up there and stayed forever!

Carter sitting by the light! They also had a fun little museum at the bottom to teach you what a lighthouse is and why they use them!

It was a fun little outing. We have actually been back a couple times. There's a really pretty beach right next to it. Although, we did see them catch a shark right there! We might pass on that beach! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy late Birthday. That Shark picture is crazy! How fun for the boys to see that. :)

    ReplyDelete