Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The tradition lives on~

When I was growing up my favorite memory of Valentine's Day was getting home from school and receiving a HUGE cookie with my name on it from my Mom. I always knew that I was special to my Mom because she took the time to do this fun tradition with us. I decided it was time for me to do the same for my kids.

I actually have been doing a little preschool with the kids lately and thought this would be a perfect fun activity to do with them. YIKES!!! It was so messy. I started the process by having them take turns pulling ingredients into the bowl. This ended up being a bad idea. They were spilling stuff everywhere. I then, put on a movie and told them I would call them out when they were ready to cut the shapes. I rolled out the dough and had them help me cut the hearts. They were so funny and this step was also a little messy. I threw them back in with the movie while I got the frosting ready and while the cookies were baking. I then, pulled them back out again and they helped me decorate all the cookies! This step was by far the worst idea I have had. MESSY MESSY MESSY!!!

I now realize why my Mom had the cookies ready when we got home from school. :)

Anyway, I'm glad I got to do this for my sweet little Valentines!

Rhett took me on a date night a few days before. We went to dinner and watched this guy perform. I can't remember his name, but he was really good. He played the guitar and sang with a band and they totally rocked!!! The food was great and he even gave me a beautiful long stem rose. What a sweetie!





2 comments:

  1. Cute, Bec. I do that for my kids too. Because it was such a special memory for me too. Yours look just like moms did... white frostine w/ pink around the edges. I cheated and used a box. But they turned out cute and the kids loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the cookies!! They looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete