Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December Fun- "WinterFest"

December Fun-
Winterfest 5k Fun Run

My family has made it a tradition to do the Winterfest fun run in LaVerkin each year. This was our first year doing it and it was such a fun one. We came the night before to surprise my family who didn't know we were planning on running it with them. I had packed us all nice warm running clothes, our pajamas and tooth brushes, all my make up and my running shoes in a duffel bag and headed to Hurricane. As we are headed in I went to grab the duffle bag and realized I had left it by the front door at home. :( I have been slowly losing my mind lately as it is filled up with Chemistry and History. Anyway, it was a total bummer. I hate it when stuff like that happens. I like being prepared.

The next morning we woke up bright and early and grabbed anything warm that grandma and grandpa could find. We then headed to the park for the snowflake scavenger hunt. The boys had a blast scouting out the snowflakes they wanted then running to the prize table to claim their prize. We made quite the killing. I got a $25 gift card to a new restaurant in town, Taylor won a cute little backpack, and the other three chose big gatorades. lol


My Little Racers




The twins holding their big drinks and posing with a snowman.



Getting ready for the race. It was so cold. 
Thankfully they had Zumba going on and fires to warm up by. 


Please don't mind how ugly I look. The makeup was in the bag with my shoes. I walked the 5k with Aaron, Grandma, baby Grace in my snow boots. haha.




1 comment:

  1. That was a fun morning...next year I am going to actually job a little. lol.

    ReplyDelete