Wednesday, November 11, 2009

H1N1 Immunizations

I heard that the health care center got a new shipment of the H1N1 immunizations so on Monday we headed over there to get the kids all set! There was quite the line there, but we waited juggling the four little boys to get it all done! I feel a little better about it. We have to go back in 4 weeks for the second dose, but you do what you have to do. Hunter got his shot first and when he started crying Ryker started to cry. They have always done this. When one is hurt and crying the other always starts too!




I felt so bad for Taylor. He thought they were going to give him a shot in his nose and started bawling right away! He and Carter got the nose spray and the babies got the shot! I had to laugh at something Carter said though. Julie was the last to get the nose spray. He came up really serious and said, " Good luck Julie... this is REALLY going to hurt!" What a character!

Another Carter moment this week-
This morning I was making French toast, eggs, and bacon. Carter always asks if he can help me crack the eggs and I always say no. This morning I actually gave in and taught him how to crack an egg. I was so thrilled. He cracked it just right. He got quite a bit on his fingers, but did perfect for a first try. After he threw the shell in the trash he smiles proudly at himself then licks his fingers. So Gross! I then had to explain that we don't lick raw egg off our fingers!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha wow you are freaking super mom. That is hilarious what Taylor said, so cute. I would be terrified too if I thought i was getting a shot in the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant believe you took 4 babies to get shots! i could never handle it without matt! and not to mention you always look cute on your outings...hair, makeup, clothes. I rarely get dressed and I only have 2 kids! you are always making me feel bad about myself:) and breakfast are you kidding me? we have the same cereal everyday! when matt was going to rhetts the other night i said,"doesnt becky want to hang out with me?" and he said, "why would she?" haha he is rude. next time you are in town and have time we will have to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate taking the kids to get shots it's no fun at all! This isn't related but I had to tell you: the other day Ryker was walking through our house calling for me and I was behind so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to sneak up on him and scare him, so I did and he yelled out of fright then looked at me like "why would you do that to me, mom?" and I thought of how you used to scare Carter for the fun of it and had to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, that is so funny Laura. Yeah my two big boys I jumped out at all the time. Good times! :) Rhett banned my from doing it to the twins because Carter and Taylor used to sleep with us! He totally blamed me for that. lol. We miss you guys. We will have to get together now that you are a little closer! Thanks for sharing. I was literally laughing my head off!

    ReplyDelete