Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Field Trip Monday- Christmas Decorating

Our family has been sick! I mean like the kind of sickness you wish silently to yourself that you were just dead instead! We are a family of six and so it started about 3 weeks ago with little Taylor. He got a fever and cried and wanted to be snuggled for two days straight. I hate having my kids feel sick, but I have to admit that I really LOVE to snuggle sick kids! We layed on the couch and watched cartoons, had mommy make his favorite soup, Ramen, and had milk in sippy cups. Shh... don't tell Rhett! 

Anyway two days later Carter was sick as a dog! So again we watched a lot of cartoons.... lots of hot soup.... and hot chocolate to relieve that sore nasty throat! I waited for those sweet little babies to get sick and it just didn't happen. I was so thrilled, but then after about a week.... all that snuggling sick kids caught up with me and I felt like death!! My body was aching, my throat was so sore, and my nose was like a drippy water faucet. I wanted to lay around and watch movies, but no mommies don't get days off when they are sick so I continued to make meals, change dirty diapers, and vacuum up those dirty floors. 

Meanwhile poor Rhett had gotten sick! He MUST have had it way worse than me because he could barely get up and go to work... and the minute he got home he laid down on the couch and NEEDED me to pamper him. I tried to tell him I think we had the same thing, but NO Rhett's was way worse than my own. :) 

Anyway, we all got better and went to St. George over the holidays and it caught up with the babies. Poor Hunter got it first and what a sweetheart. He had a bad fever and I knew he must have felt like poo, but he just slept it off for two days! Unfortunately for everyone Ryker got it the day we got home and when anything happens to this kid... it's the end of the world! He must get that from Rhett. He cried and cried and cried the first day. He wanted me to hold him the entire day, which I did, but he still felt the need to cry and let me know exactly how he felt! I think it's funny because as really small babies Hunter adopted the name "Drama Queen," but in all reality Ryker is a HUGE baby about everything! Anyway, we are all feeling fine now, but field trip Monday was cancelled due to Ryker's sickness and bad attitude! We did try to make it better by setting up the Christmas decorations! 

I let Carter do the tree all by himself and was pleasantly surprised he did a fantastic job and even spaced everything out this year! Usually it's just all one big clump!

We made these little photo ornaments and the kids love to look through them!


This has been the BEST idea! They chose little bows for themselves and when they have been naughty their bow goes in the naughty cup. They both know that Santa only visits if you're on the "Nice" list. The twins both got put in the naughty bowl because they pulled out the A1 sauce from the fridge and broke the bottle open. They dipped their hands in it and even after a bath both babes still smell like steak!

I was a little funny about these stockings. Most of you already know. I bought these when I was pregnant two years ago. I was barely pregnant and knew in my heart we were having another boy so I ordered 5. Rhett, Rebecca, Carter, Taylor, and one that said Hunter on it. When I found out we were having twins I felt so bad that I had five that matched and couldn't get another one. I looked on Ebay all the time for the same lady I bought them through. I bought two red plush stockings with Ryker embroidered on them, but neither one matched just right. I was heart broken. I hung the better of the two, but was still disappointed that my son would feel like he wasn't wanted because I had a different stocking for him. A month later after Christmas came and went I felt like I should look once more on Ebay. I found the lady that had done the other five. I almost broke down in tears that very instant and I wrote to her and told her I had had twins and needed another to match! Anyway long story short... I have 6 matching stockings and I LOVE and WANTED all of my children! :) 

My mom painted this little nativity set and the kids LOVE it. They have played with it every year... and I love it because they leave my glass one alone!

I hope everyone has a very MERRY Christmas and a blast decorating for it. I know we did!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bec! That was so fun to see--I'm glad you have 6 matching stockings. You're home looks very festive and beautiful, tell Carter that the tree looks great. Jenny said to say "oh, for cute!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, Rhett sounds so much like your Dad! He thinks he's dying every time he gets sick. One good thing though, Mom's get better faster because they don't get to mope around and feel sorry for themselves (at least not out loud). Sorry your babies got sick too! Hope you all have a healthy happy Christmas. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete