Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Las Vegas Zoo!

We have been babysitting Julie's (soon to be) kids while they are at work. It has been a ton of fun, but a little crazy!!! 6 kids ranging from 7-23 months is a little intense, but overall they have been pretty good listeners! I have mostly let them play in the yard and the house, but we were all starting to go a little stir crazy and needed a fun outing to go on! Some people may think I'm nuts to take out 6 kids by myself, but I think I did a pretty dang good job! I didn't even lose one! :) Anyway, we decided to go to the zoo!

We went over rules in the car and they came up with some great ones-

Brendan- Be responsible & respectful!
Carter- Be a good listener & stay together as a group!
Sarah- No crying & hold hands! These were really good for her. She is a bit of a whiner!
Taylor- No hitting, kicking, biting, or punching in faces! I guess punching anywhere else is okay with Taylor! ;)

As you can tell from the responses we have gone over rules several times together!

We learned a few things at the zoo! Sarah and Brendan have never fed goats before and are pretty terrified of even the idea of being in a cage with animals! The twins LOVE running holding hands, but aren't very good with balance running together. Lots of scraped knees! Peacocks DON'T love kids chasing them. In fact they can be a little aggressive. lol. And lastly GIRLS ARE SO MUCH HARDER THAN BOYS!!! I will thank my father every night for giving me the opportunity to have boys instead of girls!


The group looking at the turtles and flamingoes!

Ryker in with the goats waiting patiently for his turn with the food! He thought they were so funny!

Hunter wasn't really digging it the way Ryker was UNTIL I let his hold the food by himself. Than, he just ran and ran while goats ran after him. He thought it was hilarious!

Carter loved the goats and was careful to make sure that they all got an equal amount of food! I just realized I don't have a picture of Taylor feeding the goats, but he made me smile the most! He was so brave- right when he went in with his cup of food a HUGE goat was standing on the rocks right in front of him. He lifted the cup to his mouth and as he started to walk away to feed a different goat... the HUGE goat took both his front legs and knocked the poor little guy onto the ground, spilling ALL his food! He got up, dusted himself off, and said "That GOAT knocked me down!" All of this without a single tear! I was so proud! While we were in feeding the goats Sarah and Brendan were in between the gates so the goats wouldn't get them. Sarah cried the WHOLE time just because we were so close to the goats!

Carter with his FAVORITE animal there! The chinese alligator!

Hunter with his FAVORITE- the emu! He kept putting his head on the other side of the fence and the bird would run over, probably to bite him, then Hunter would pull his head out and LAUGH and LAUGH!! Ryker also joined the game and had a BLAST!

Hunter playing peek a boo!

Me with the little kids- they don't really look like they are having fun, but I assure you... EVERYONE had a great time. It was SO hot though!

The kids enjoying a ninja turtle ice cream after I sanitized their hands until they were almost bleeding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment