Monday, October 15, 2012

Typhoon Jelewat Choas

We have had a typhoon almost every other weekend for the last 6 weeks and I am SO OVER IT. 

The last typhoon was by far the worst one we have seen on this little island. It caused so much damage to trees, and CARS. Here are a few pictures so I can remember what they were like when we don't live here anymore.



 




Lots and lots of cars damaged. A lot of them flipped over and all the cars in most of the parking lots all slid into each other. 








No Cable-


Lots of trampolines broken.



Very few sheds left undamaged-



This is our backyard. I made sure to sandbag the trampoline really well, but our large tree in fell over breaking a few of the legs. :( I had a couple people think about our family though and a few people brought over some new legs from some of the other damaged tramp and I was able to fix it.

Unfortunately, when the workers came to cut up the tree they did the chainsaw on the mat of the tramp. It was meant to be. 


We also lost the BBQ grill this time. 



Here's a couple pictures of the tree we lost. Taylor was so BUMMED. This was his tree. 



It was a long, windy, rainy couple of days and I'm glad it's over. It's hard to entertain kids for days in the house. We have another one that is suppose to hit in 2 days. :(

2 comments:

  1. My goodness. I'm so glad you guys stay safe. That typhoon made the news here in Utah. It showed a car blowing across a parking lot. Pretty crazy! Sorry about your tree and trampoline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is CRAZY!! I miss you Becky boo. I hope you live closer soon. Sorry I don't comment as much. Our desktop died and I only have access to Craig's laptop occasionally. It's really time consuming to do a comment from my smartphone so sorry. I love seeing picks of your sweet boys.

    ReplyDelete