Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July-

We had a great 4th of July this year. We had a big BBQ out in our circle and had a blast meeting all the new neighbors. We have had 8 new families move in in the last 2 weeks and it was a great way to get to meet everyone. We had a couple grills out there, lots of games, and a big bouncer for all the kids to play on. We also played a mean game of volleyball in the backyard when we finished munching on all that delicious food!

We were babysitting and Rhett and the babies weren't feeling too hot so we kind of bounced in and out of the house checking to make sure everyone was feeling okay. It was still such a fun time.

On Saturday we went to America Fest. It is a fun little 4th of July festival complete with fireworks that night. We only stayed a couple minutes. I am so tired of little carnival booth type events that you have to pay for everything. When we lived at Nellis... they had all these companies that actually support the military and they had a big BBQ. They had bouncers, and bags of cookies, and snowcones. Everything was free for the military in a way to show that they love and care about what you are doing. Then, they had a HUGE firework show. I'm not going to lie. I was a little disappointed by America Fest. It just made me miss America! :(

Anyway, I tried to distract the kids since we left WAY before the fireworks were due to start. We took them to the toy store and let them spend their allowance on some toys. Rhett had already planned to go to "The Green Lantern" with his friends that night. Well, on the way back to the house the kids all asked what happened to the fireworks. I felt bad so we dropped Rhett off and headed over the hill to watch the fireworks. I am so glad that we did. It made their night. They kept hugging me and telling me which ones were their favorites. It made for a good mommy moment. I love those sweet little ones!

Here are a few pictures to show our day and night.


Repeat picture, but when I look at it it just screams Independence Day!


Waiting for the fireworks to start- Taylor wasn't feeling too great as you can tell by his picture. Poor bug!






It was another fun memory. I miss the states though so much on holidays. I guess it didn't matter how fun they made it it still wouldn't have our families in it. That is why I miss them so much. The holidays are just so different being so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment