Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The other side of the ZOO-

There are kind of three parts to the zoo here in Okinawa. The first part is the Wonder Museum. The second is the zoo, and the third is the carnival?!? They have this little carousel and little go carts for the kids to ride. They also have a train and a 3D Dinosaur movie. I always quickly steer my children away from this because it all costs money.

Well, our zoo pass is about to expire soon and I thought I would treat my kids to a day of fun. We started by walking through the zoo.

Look how strong Taylor is to bend that metal. ;)

I had to get a picture of this adorable lady. I love how they are completely covered up. It is hard to descibe how different Americans are. We are sun worshippers, while the Japanese stay clear of sunlight and if they are outside they make sure they are covered up. That is why they look so great when they are older I'm sure. :) Oh, and check out that broom. That is legit!

We always make sure to hydrate when we are outside. It has really been hot lately. I smiled to see Ryker after washing his hands lean in for a quick drink. They have places to wash your hands throughout the zoo. I thinks it's a great idea, although my kids usually just play in the water and get soaked!



We also stopped and had an American Dog. Yummy!


Poor little Taylor was in the petting zoo and went to pick up a tiny turtle, but stuck his hand in front of the bigger one. It took a little bite and Taylor was so mad that the turtle bit his finger!


2011 is the year of the Rabbit so they have some fun little signs everywhere. The kids think they are so fun! We have seen them at quite a few places around the island.

We then went over to the Dinosaur 3D movie. I was cracking up watching the little boys trying to touch the stuff coming towards them. I mean look at Taylor's face. Priceless!


These were the little go carts that they had. You just put in 100Y and they turn on for you. Taylor and Carter loved being able to drive them by themselves. We only had one crash. Taylor was laughing so hard as he passed Carter that he hit the wall. Which caused me to die laughing.... after I checked on him and Ryker, of course!

Taylor's car was faster than Carter's was so he rubbed that in the whole day or maybe it's because Carter weighs about twice as much as Taylor does.

We then headed over and rode the carousel together. It was too fun! The kids had such a great day. We spent way more than a normal zoo day, but we got our money's worth. We rode the train and they let the babies ride everything for free. :)


It's good that our passes are almost expired because I'm sure the kids would be way disappointed to just skip past this now that we tried everything out!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day at the zoo!!! I'm glad you have been able to enjoy a whole year of the zoo. Reminds me of the year Larry was going to school and we lived at the zoo every Saturday.

    We sure miss you guys--only 2 more years to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! That's funny about Japanese women always trying to hide from the sun. It's so true. when we had that day at wet n'wild through the womens club, none of the asian women came. I couldn't figure it out until April told me that they don't like having their skin show in the sun. weird. So true though, that is probably why they have less wrinkles than we do.

    ReplyDelete