Friday, January 29, 2010

Becky's bad "Egg" experience in hopes of making Heather smile Post!!!

I was reading Heather's post and just felt bad that she had such a horrible shopping trip with her kids! I TOTALLY know how that goes! I went last week by myself and had Hunter in the front, Ryker in the back, and Taylor and Carter walking... or running by the side! It was really hard! Taylor kept running away and Ryker kept throwing things out of the cart! You should have seen the looks I was getting from people!

This was my favorite line, "Are those ALL yours?"

To which my reply was, "Heck NO, That's crazy... some are just on loan... I run a daycare!." I notice people are more compassionate when they don't think you are over-populating the world they live in! And then I follow with, "That sweet big boy, that is being fantastic is mine." Taylor has never been claimed because he is always SO naughty in the store! I'm thinking about going blond so I don't look so much like that little guy. I think my little white lie would be more believable!

Actually I ALWAYS claim my kids. I probably should use the line above, but the guilt would just eat me up!

Anyway on to my EGG experience-

I went to Costco and bought some eggs last week and brought them home. I decided while I had them out I would clean the fridge a little! I thought that was a fantastic idea because there was no room for a huge thing of Costco eggs. I started scrubbing while Rhett was watching the kids. I took a quick break and ran upstairs to get some cleaner and came down to this!!! My eggs had been pushed onto the floor, but it gets worse! The twins were sitting right in the middle throwing them at each other! Eggs were everywhere. So I did as any good mother would and screamed for Rhett to come in. I went and got the twins cleaned up whilst crying my little eyes out!

I came down a few minutes later and Rhett just looked at me like I was crazy and then asked, "Do you want some help to clean that up?"

I stated, "That would be nice."

As Rhett cleaned up the entire thing of eggs I dried my eyes and went back to work cleaning the fridge! On the UP side I had a TON more room in it due to NO EGGS! :)


Such is life- Mom's have good days and bad days-
Day's they want to stay at home and days they would give a child to go back to work.
Day's the tears come and days the tears are from Joy!

But I wouldn't trade it for anything! My kids love and adore me! They give me sticky smooches, and messy finger hugs! They snuggle me when they are hurt or feeling sick. AND that is why it's ALL okay!

2 comments:

  1. BWAAAA HAAA HAAA . . .that's so funny. It's always funny when it happens to someone else. I'm glad you posted this because it did make me feel better. Luv you Becs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love stories like this! makes me feel a bit better about my own crazy kids. at least you had rhett there to help you out:) i am impressed he stepped up!

    ReplyDelete