Monday, September 20, 2010

Just me and the little ones!

I am SO excited to have a schedule now! It's just me and the little guys! Rhett has a car now, a 2001 Toyota Celica, so now we don't have to take him to work everyday and Carter is in school. It has been so relaxing to be able to stay home and sing songs with the little ones. We also try to get out as much as we can!

We went back to the zoo the other day to kill off a couple hours and the little ones loved it! It was a pretty hot day and I think I much preferred getting rained on and completely soaked like the first day! The weather here is really hot and humid right now. Everyone is saying it should cool off next month and we can't wait! We looked through all the animals and just took our time. I let the babies walk the whole thing and by the ned they were exhausted and took a fantastic nap for me!

Other things-

We are getting our first load from TMO tomorrow! I am so excited! The phone is in there... so those who have missed talking to us will surely get a phone call within the next couple days. I'll try to figure out the time difference before I just call and wake you up at four in the morning. :)
The kids are excited for some of their toys to get here! It has been a pretty boring apartment lately and it will be nice when they have something to entertain them! The high chairs are also coming- perfect timing too! We get our new table today!

When we were moving here we talked to quite a few people and everyone said, "Put most your stuff in storage. They have stuff you can rent there." That's SORT OF true... they have stuff you can rent temporarily! After 90 days you have to give it all back. This was a bummer to find out! We have a great table in storage and now have to buy another one. We also have to buy a bed for me and Rhett. The hard part of this is that furniture stores are pretty expensive here and not the biggest selection. Well, we went on base and bought some stuff. We are super excited to have a king bed again. The kids have been getting used to the apartment and have come into our bed most nights! It's NOT the best nights sleep when you're on a double bed with Rhett, Taylor, and the twins! One night I woke up and Rhett was fast asleep in the bunk beds! I totally don't blame him and only wish I had thought of the idea first! :) Anyway, pictures soon to come of the inside of our apartment! We love and miss everyone!!!

The babies trekking up the hill!

The fruit bats here are SO big!

Getting a view from all angles to see the penguin!

The good old hippo- A total favorite!

Ryker was running and fell down the hill. Hunter ran right up and pulled him into a hug! Priceless- I'm glad I had the camera out. This doesn't happen as often as it should!

Taking a break from looking at the elephant!

The turtles are also one of the favorites! I know-lame! They don't even do anything. They just sit in the water, but we spend at least a good 10 minutes here every time time we go!

We got a bite to eat for lunch and headed home for naps. What a great morning! For lunch we ate there! We had soba, which is a noodle soup. Hunter and Ryker love it. Taylor HATES it so he had and American Dog, which is a corn dog! The kids get so much attention and LOVE it. They always say, "Bye Bye, lob you." To everyone! Hunter on the other hand says, "I luck you." It's cute! They are getting to be such great little talkers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you - little ms. blog lady! I'm loving your updates. Sorry, I haven't done anything with mine for awhile. I've been pretty boring since we're down to one car while the other one is being fixed. I doubt everyone wants to hear about my days at home and on days that I do have the car I have to do all my errands ... like sit in an office for 1hr 40min while I wait for my wic appt. with 2 crying kids (one that peed her pants while sitting on my lap) and no snacks - sometimes I'm retarted. I forgot how disorganized government programs are. More blogging to come though. I just signed Brooke up for Tumbling and Messy Art - free programs through the city for low income students. Unfortunetly the dance class was already full - we'll have to catch that one next Jan. Wow, maybe I should just copy and paste my comment on your blog into mine and everyone can see how I'm doing. I didn't mean to leave such a long one. Love you becks! Thanks for the updates. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete