Monday, November 8, 2010

Botanical Garden

First, I have to apologize for all the pictures! I couldn't just pick a couple. This place was gorgeous and I felt like I had to post them all! There's your warning... this is a LONG post! :)

Carter went to the Botanical Garden on a field trip and talked about it all the time! Finally, when he had the day off we decided to go and see what all the fuss was about! I am so happy that we did! I was in Heaven! It was seriously one of the prettiest places I have been! It really made me appreciate my kids too! I love taking them places they can walk and explore this beautiful world! They are such well behaved little squirts!

While we were there I also had another great experience with the people of Japan! The kids wanted snow cones, but they cost 300 yen each. That's close to $4.00 so I opted not to let them have one! As we were walking away he was smiling at the little boys and said in his broken english, "For you a Kuwae kid discount. I give you them for 100 yen." He wouldn't even let me pay 100 yen for each. He said he was happy to see my kids smile! What a great guy to see how much the little boys wanted one and helped in making it happen. All the little boys smiled and picked their flavors while I graciously thanked him. I have had nothing but positive things to say about the people here! They truly are amazing! They would give you the shirt off their backs and would go clear out of their way to show you how to get somewhere. I can only hope to learn more from their example and hope to be the same type of person!


Carter in front of one of the many beautiful ponds!

The kids right as we came in!

This picture makes me smile. This wonderful guy took it for me. It took him several to get all of us in the picture and unfortunately this was the best shot. lol. It was pretty bright out there!

Me and the babies with the frogs!

Carter and Taylor feeding the carp! This was the kids absolute favorite part!

Ryker

Carter and Taylor in front of the fountain with their fish food!

The babies catching up after feeding the fish!

Another pond!

Zip line! Me and Carter had a blast going on it! We even sent the babies and Taylor down a couple times! Taylor mostly wanted to collect HUGE snails!

Ryker in front of a different pond!

What a sweet boy! He said he picked this for me. I gave him a huge hug and kiss then politely explained that when we pick the flowers nobody else gets to enjoy them.

So pretty! The picture don't really do this place justice!

Carter took this one!

Carter took this one! He's getting so good with a camera! I think I have a little photographer on my hands! :)

Taylor by the lily pads!

The fish waiting for some food from the kids!

The twins hanging over the edge trying to see the fish. I thought for sure I was going to have to jump in after one of them when they fell in, but was happy we all stayed dry!

Ryker trying to kiss the goat! The twins LOVE animals and were so excited to see and feed the goats!

Just saying hello!

Headed up the stairs!

Running back to the entrance! I love that all the little boys just LOVE each other and are the greatest friends! I love taking them to see new things and watching them take in the world! I am one lucky lady to be blessed with such angels!

1 comment:

  1. That place is gorgeous!! We use to visit the Japanese gardens in Portland. It was always so serene and picturesque. .. and was nothing in comparison to this place. I think Carter is becoming a mini photographer. Jace likes taking pictures too. I should get a another small camera for him to practice. I don't like sharing mine.

    ReplyDelete