Saturday, October 29, 2011

Catch up-

I feel like we have been extremely busy lately. We just had company come over for a week and we have had a blast getting ready for the holiday.

We did get a babysitter and take a break away from the kids though. We met up with some great friends and went to eat at Jack's place. I chose the king crab legs and they were AMAZING. The music made me laugh. They had this older Japanese guy playing an electrical keyboard. He was actually pretty good, but it still sounded so much like elevator music it gave me the giggles. After we had finished eating he started playing Happy Birthday and me and Rhett just started cracking up. I thought what a weird song to play. That's when our friends started singing and they brought me over dessert. Very sneaky, James! It was a fun night away from the kids. 


Sometimes, I come downstairs to things like this. Why eat a whole apple when you can have bites of every one of them? 


The culprit to my apples always being gone? None other than this little cutie!


These two still wear us out... big time! I usually take a nap with them, but thought it was cute when I came home to this one day. They love a little Daddy snuggle time.


 We also went over to Foster Fest a couple weeks ago to see this guy perform. We loved David Archuleta in American Idol and were excited to see him sing. He is just so stinking cute. We only have one radio station here so we hadn't really heard much of his music, but it was very fun to get to see that he hasn't changed too much since the show. He was fun to watch. We also played a few carnival style games and each of the boys won a blow up sword to fight with! Oh Joy!

 What a great example he is though. I am happy for the youth to see someone who is successful and is not willing to change his standards for the world. We also had the great opportunity to have him come the next night and give a fireside to the youth in our branches. He sang two hymns and bore his testimony. I thought it was really cool for the kids to get to meet him. I thought a couple of the girls may pass out and I'm sure he got a couple of marriage proposals that night during pictures. lol. :)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! You never said that David Archuletta came to see you guys in Japan. That is so fun!!! I remember Taylor when he was pretty little standing in front of the TV dancing and singing to American Idol. He was so cute! I bought my Mom the CD of David Archuletta singing Christmas songs with the Tabernacle Choir for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete