Friday, April 19, 2013

Pine Wood Derby

Scouts has been a new experience for us. Carter loves it so much. He was so excited for the Pinewood Derby. Thankfully Rhett was home and able to help him make his car. They went to the shop and picked out the design, sanded and painted it, and even put on tire rims and decals. :)

It was a pretty AWESOME car.









Rhett took the big boys to watch and they LOVED every second of it. They both came home extremely excited and couldn't wait to tell me all about it. 




The car did good. It was pretty fast. Carter was able to snag two awards. He took 2nd place and also got "The Fastest Looking Car." I think he was more proud of that. He loved how well it turned out.


Wow! Look at that car go.



Carter with his awards. It also went to Regionals. He didn't win anymore awards, but was excited to get his car back!







Carter with his awards and his medals. Way to go buddy. I know Rhett had a blast and is excited to do it again next year. He has big plans so it should be fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Go Carter!! I'm not sure how excited I am about all the cub scout stuff coming up for Jace. But I LOVE the pinewood derby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOooo Fun. Wish I could have been there to cheer him on. Looks like Cub Scouts is fun in Japan.

    ReplyDelete