Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 9, I think?

We took Melanie to Bios on the Hill. It is a really pretty place similar to the botanical garden. It has gorgeous flowers everywhere and lots of fun things to do there. We started with the boat ride, which is entirely in Japanese, but still a nice relaxing ride. After that we fed the goats, ordered lunch, and played on the swings.

Melanie by some pretty flowers.

Melanie and the kids on our way over to the boats.

The whole group on the big boat.

Taylor longing to hop in the water with the ducks.

If you look to the right of this picture... it's actually moss on the water. It makes it look a little like ground. I thought it was so pretty.

I went in to order us some food. I ordered Melanie some Taco soup and for myself and the little boys I got Taco rice. It was actually pretty tasty. Anyway, while I was in ordering food the little kids were out running around in the grass and on the hills. I guess Taylor climbed a hill and was racing down the other side and took a big jump onto some grass.....ONLY... it wasn't grass! It was the moss covered water. He landed right in the middle of a small stream. The water came up to about his chest. He just stood there with a shocked look on his face. I'm sure he was wondering how the land just disappeared and was replaced by water. Poor kid. Melanie helped him out of the water and stripped him down to his underwear. She then put his jacket vest on and took her scarf and wrapped it around his legs.

All this while I was in ordering food- lol. I came out and saw him and just started laughing. I was glad that Melanie could really experience Japan like I do. Nothing ever seems to work just like you planned. I gave Taylor my coat and we ate lunch. I thought we would head right home, but the little kids still wanted to swing for a minute.


Poor Taylor wanted so bad to swing too- So the fantastic Mom that I am said, "What the heck!"

It was a fun place. I would love to go back and walk some of the pretty trails that they have there. I would like to do this without kids though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had some fun times w/ Melanie. You're right ... things never really turn out the way you want with kiddos in tow but it's always an adventure. THose botanical gardens are sure beautiful. Looks like we will be having quite the adventure this summer. Craig just got an internship in Peru from May-Aug. Don't put anything on my facebook pg. his parents don't know yet. Yeah for adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete