Thursday, June 2, 2011

Volleyball

Rhett signed me up for the 18th medical groups volleyball team. I was really nervous and scared at first. I played volleyball in high school and LOVED it, but I haven't played in like 10 years. I was pleasantly surprised that it is similar to riding a bike and it has really come right back to me. We had several practices and I learned that the team I am on it a "play for fun" kind of team. :) I tend to be pretty competitive so this has been a little challenging for me, but I have really enjoyed myself. It has been so fun to play again although I am slower and can't jump as high. lol

These sweet little muffins love having Daddy nights where he pops popcorn and watches movies with them. This is the first year that Rhett has really had time to see his kids and they are loving every second of it. :)
Rhett decided to surprise me and he brought all the kids with him to watch me as we played our first game. It was fun to see my little cheerleading group. They were so adorable. Between games Ryker even snuck out to give me a kiss. The judge just laughed and Rhett took them home shortly after.

We have played three games and have lost two of them. lol. Our coach still is very much for letting "EVERYONE" play whether they know how or not. I'm okay with it and am learning to roll with the punches. I was made the captain of the team and Dad I have only yelled at the Ref twice. :) Once he even switched the call because I made the other guy admit to touching it. Old habits die hard. Anyway, it has been a blast to get back on the court. Hopefully it will even help me shed a few of these unwanted pounds that have been creeping on with age. I miss being able to eat whatever I wanted and as late as night as I did. I am definitely starting to feel my age.

My adorable cheerleading squad!

Thanks Rhett for encouraging me to do something for me and for watching the kids twice a week while I go play! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Rebecca, your boys are getting so big! The twins have grown a lot since we all left Vegas! Fun to see your adventures in Japan on here! I can't believe that storm that destroyed your trampoline. Crazy!! Hope you're doing well!
    erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you get to play...and jealous. I LOVEd being on a team again and I miss it. I'm sure your doing great!

    ReplyDelete