Thursday, December 30, 2010

Carter's Christmas Crafts~

This is Carter's first grade picture! What a handsome little stinker. He just turned 7 and loves riding the bus with his friends and eating hot lunch. The highlight of everyday is when Carter comes home and tells me what he had for lunch. He doesn't really like doing more homework, but loves reading with me at night. He always runs in and gives us all a hug and asks who missed him the most. I am so glad this little guy is in our family. He truly brightens my life.

I have LOVED Carter's school this year. He goes to Killin Elementary and they are the Killin Gecko's. He is in first grade and he loves Mrs. Willeford. She is such a great teacher and really cares about each one of her students. He has spanish three times a week and culture (Japanese) once a week. He also has some really fun specials like art class, music, computers, and P.E.

He loves all of his classes and brings home some really fun stuff from class. I just wanted to dedicate a little post for all of Carter's fun Christmas crafts that he worked so hard on. I think they definitely deserve a moment in the spotlight. Plus after I do this I can take a couple of them off the fridge! :)

Carter's story about being Santa's helper.

2010- Christmas wreath made from green puzzle pieces.

Santa

I thought this was a cute activity that they made. Too bad we didn't have any grass to sprinkle it on. I let him sprinkle some of it on the concrete patio. After he went to bed, I just went and swept it. He was excited to see it was gone in the morning.

Carter's little Santa bag that he brought all his little treats and presents home in.

Carter the little ELF.

Some of the fun treats he brought home. Carter and I made the little green Santa bags for the whole class. We put some fun treats in them and Carter had a blast helping me make them. His teacher was great. She gave them all two cute little Christmas books, some hot chocolate, some treats, and an ornament for the tree. She did the same thing for Halloween. All of it came right out of her pocket. What a great lady to do that for her students.

I walked in Carter's room and Carter had put the elf up on the window. When I asked why he said, "I wanted him to get to see the seawall and the water."

One of the ornaments that he made. It had his picture and a little star made from applesauce, cinnamon, and glue. It smelled SO good.

The hot chocolate that his teacher gave him. I thought the story was really cute!

Carter's decorated room with all his school stuff.

The last day they had a fun little carnival. They went through and did each activity on this list. The Snowball Fight was spit wads. I know GROSS, but the kids loved it. They were shot at a target not each other, thankfully.
Rudolf's Deli- They made sandwiches for lunch.
Musical Chairs- Carter actually got 2nd.
Snowball Relay- They had spoons and big marshmallows. They took turns balancing to the finish line.
Christmas Cheer- They got a juice box and did a cheer together.
Pin the Nose on Rudolf- Fun, fun, fun.
Face Painting- He got a snowman.
Reindeer Food- They made the cute little oatmeal package of food.
Pass the Santa- Similar to musical chairs, but you pass the Santa doll.
Christmas Bingo- Carter was a little sad he didn't win, but he really enjoyed it.
Snowman Gobble- Marshmallow tied to a string they had to gobble it with NO hands.
Mrs. Claus Bakery- They decorated cookies and ate them.

2 comments:

  1. What fun activities!! He must have a great teacher. I love the Carter Elf best. I guess I'm skipping to view Jace as a 3rd child in school ... I already threw away most of his projects. Oops. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he has a great school over there!! What fun Christmas crafts and activities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete