Monday, December 27, 2010

Ryker got a new do.... and it ain't pretty!

Ryker found the scissors the other day and cut a little patch of hair near the top of his head. I almost died when I saw it. I was thinking I had a little longer before the babies loved to give themselves haircuts. I wasn't too worried because it was near the very top of his head and didn't really show so I just kind of blew it off.

Well, I have been telling the kids for the last three days that they all need haircuts. We were watching a movie and I noticed that Ryker was being a little too quiet behind the couch. I glanced over to huge chunks of hair on the floor. He had somehow found the scissors in the drawer; which is amazing in itself. I can never find them when I need them. Anyway, he just took it upon himself to do the haircut. Personally I think I do a better job, but feel free to let me know if you like his better! :)


This is a picture from a couple days ago. Before-

Ryker's version of an awesome new do-


Seriously, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. He had taken at least 4 HUGE chunks right out of the front of it. What a little stinker. I have never been overly attached to hair so it wasn't too devastating to me. I just pulled the clippers out and tried to even it up a little. For those of you who cut hair... I used a 1 setting and it still has a few tiny spots that aren't even. It was the best I could do without using a razor. Poor baby! He just looks so ugly with a bald head. On the plus side, my kids were so excited. I got done and Carter exclaims, "He looks just like Ben. I love it." Not to dis Ben in anyway, because you are one heck of a guy, BUT Ryker CANNOT pull off your haircut!

Looking again at the glass half full- People can now tell the twins apart. Hunter is the totally adorable one with a nice haircut and cute spiky hair in the front. Ryker is the equally adorable one with absolutely NO hair on his head. It was hard to get mad though because he was so proud of his work. "Look Mommy. I did it. I did da cutty." Yes Ryker, you sure did! Plus it was funny to take him serious because he looked so silly!


Without further ado I would love to introduce the new, not necessarily improved, but still totally loved... Ryker.

Oh and on a side note- Not everyone can be as "tight" as my kids... it's not easy to pull off a double popped collar! :)

It kind of like the time in Hawaii that Rhett had me dye his hair black.

This is for you Julie-

He has really light eyebrows so he told me to do the eyebrows too. I had never done eyebrows and told him that I didn't think you were suppose to do your eyebrows. He told me to just do them anyway. Well, we found out exactly why you aren't suppose to do your eyebrows. Rhett looked like a clown for a good two weeks. The best part is that we had church the next morning!

We would be trying to have a serious conversation and then he would look up and I would just start laughing. I couldn't even help it. Every time I saw him I would just bust into a huge grin followed by peals of laughter! Poor Rhett. He was such a great sport though and even learned to laugh with me. :) I still remember it so well. I can picture the look on his face after he had washed out the hair dye and walked into the living room. For those of you that can't picture it... I have included a couple pictures for your enjoyment!


Ta Da~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post--We got a good laugh!!! Kids, ya got to love 'em. But Rhett, that was SO funny seeing it again just makes me laugh so hard. I didn't like either of you with your black hair, but the eyebrows....hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that last part of this post. Julie told me to check it out. Okay, I can't tell you how hilarious it is. It totally made my day. lol I can't stop laughing. There are tears in my eyes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally made my day. Those are my favorite pictures ever. lol. I was laughing so hard I woke up Ben. I love all your pictures, thanks for all the hard work. I love being able to see what you guys are up to.

    ReplyDelete